Powerful Presentations takes a Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) approach to communication and presentation skills. Many people have begun to use NLP for communication, change, and outstanding performance. NLP has been widely applied, often with astonishing results, in many diverse fields including teaching and presenting.
One of the most profound ideas of NLP is that, if one person can do something, and if they are doing it incredibly well, it should be possible to find out what they’re doing and replicate it. So, NLP is theoretically a modelling approach for identifying and replicating the unconscious skills of excellent performers and then teaching them to others or learning them yourself.
While this is not a course on NLP, the principles and ideas of NLP are woven into the course material to support and augment learning. We teach participants to:
- Look, act and sound like the leader they are, achieving instant likeability and credibility while always remaining calm
- Never be anxious when they present to any audience
- Use their charisma and presence to focus on impact rather than perfection
- Find an authentic, credible and compelling personal style.
- Become more audience-focused, message-driven and action-oriented.
- Identify their current communication style and how others may perceive their behaviors
- Experience the impact of trainer input through “feedforward” to identify weak spots and eliminate behaviors that hold them back
- Make positive first impressions using rapport techniques to set the tone for successful relationships
- Understand perception and the powerful influence of non-verbal communication
- Use dynamic and persuasive presenting techniques to build rapport and communicate instant credibility while developing an informal, fluent, and relaxed fun style
- Give themselves an advantage by leveraging their personal competence and likeability
- Become aware of the non-verbal signals others are sending so they can adapt their style and message, and then move to partnership mode
- Maximise their personal power to influence decisions/agendas by managing their own state, and guiding the audience’s state as well
- Run a Q&A with confidence and elegance while managing the energy in the room