WHY ATTEND LEADERSHIP IN CONNECTION?
If a (senior) management team doesn't work together smoothly, the whole organization will feel it. And it is often very difficult to pinpoint where the issues are: Most of the time they are not on competence or skill level. This leadership program is a development program on both personal and team level.
WHAT WILL I LEARN DURING THIS PROGRAM?
- Leadership starts with leading yourself. Who am I as a person, regardless of my role within the organization? What do I stand for and go for? The start of this program is therefore "Authenticity" and understanding your Purpose, Identity and the Values. The next step is then discovering together the Purpose, Identity and the Values of the team.
- In the rapidly changing world in which managers move, this is an important beacon. If travelling this journey with a management team, simultaneously a big step is made in bonding and team spirit.
- How do we then support each other to propagate these Values, Identity, Purpose and associated behaviour towards each other and the rest of the organization?
- Daily practice is leading and continually gives input to the process. This makes the process woven into daily practice (with associated tasks, roles, responsibilities and desired behavior). During the days we are working with current examples of the participants. This should also be taken into account in the collaboration and communication with the rest of the organization.
- Increasing self-reflection and self-awareness of the participants, so that awareness and flexibility in thinking and acting is increased. The emphasis is on further developing emotional capabilities in intra- and inter-personal level, such as empathy and a coaching attitude (the further development of emotional intelligence and EQ).
- How to use and stimulate both the left (ratio logic) and the right brain (emotion, empathy and creation).
- Being more aware of the group dynamics: are they constructive or disruptive / destructive)? And being able to influence the group dynamics as an individual and team.
- How to identify, pinpoint and solve conflicts.
- Discovering empowering and limiting beliefs: individually and for the team. How can we make better use of these empowering beliefs? How can we change the limiting belief? What behavior and actions belong to the empowering beliefs?
- On these days, we will also pay attention to the conduct of a dialogue (deferring judgment, being curious for another opinion and the person behind the opinion), open and honest feedback to each other and coaching. We work in small groups and we use "peer-to-peer coaching” according to the GROW model of John Whitmore. This way of coaching can be used immediately after the module in the daily practice.
- Through a 360 assessment based on the 7 levels of consciousness and leadership (see below), team-members will learn what their strengths, pitfalls and blind spots are. An authentic, full spectrum leader must understand and master his or her personal dynamics, as well as the cultural dynamics of the organization, business unit or division he or she leads. Outcomes will be discussed with the whole team with the aim of helping each other to grow individually and as a team.
- Neuro Leadership: Operation of the brain and different brain areas related to leadership. These three components are the reptilian brain, the limbic brain and the neocortex. What makes us (often unconsciously) go into "fight-flight-freeze" reaction with corresponding territorial behavior? How can we recognize it in ourselves and others, and give each other feedback on this? And then support each other again to act congruent with our Values, Identity and Mission?