The step from accepting a management position to becoming a successful leader takes more than just acquiring new management skills and competencies. It calls for a fundamental adjustment in mindset.
Being an Effective Leader is a facilitated learning experience that empowers first level managers to make the necessary transition in terms of work values, time application and skills, to be an effective leader.
This three day program explores both core management and key leadership skills, as well as the mindset of an effective first line manager.
Being an Effective Leader is based on high impact learning principles that integrates participants' real life situations into the learning experience, making it immediately selevant and meaningful.
- To introduce essential leadership skills
- To speed up the transition to a leadership mindset
- To provide the tools for effective team leadership that optimises performance
- What is management and what is leadership?
- Characteristics of an effective leader
- Universal challenges of being a leader
- How to delegate effectively
- How to motivate others
- How to lead change and transition
- Introduction to effective objective setting
- How to conduct performance conversations
- How to give effective feedback
- How to manage conflict and challenging conversations
- How to coach others effectively
- How to develop engagement and accountability
- How to lead with power and purpose