It's customary for people to think that their success depends on how "smart they are." However, as human beings, most of our decisions and actions are based on emotional drivers even if we don't express how we feel. Therefore, success in the workplace depends on both emotional self-awareness as well as learning how to manage the emotions of others.
Therefore, whether you're an executive, team leader, or team member, emotions must be considered when resolving difficulties and developing strong relationships. When emotions are triggered, the quest for logic is lost. Whether it's your own brain that is deceiving you or it's the reactive brain in the person you are talking to that is hindering progress, you have to know how to make shifts at the emotional level before solutions can be found.
You can learn how to shift your emotional state and influence the state of those around you to create the results you desire. You can learn how your brain works, then outsmart it.
After attending this program, you will:
- Understand how your emotions affect your thoughts and actions.
- Channel those internal forces for constructive purposes.
- Shift emotional states at will to increase creativity and productivity, for yourself and those you work with.
- Recognize the emotional triggers in others so you can gracefully resolve conflicts.
Emotional intelligence strengthens:
- Self-awareness and satisfaction
- Powers of leadership
- Results by individuals and teams
Emotional intelligence decreases:
- Apathy and lack of motivation
- Stress, disappointment and frustration
Additional benefits of Emotional Intelligence for your business:
- Strengthen the foundation of team/organizational/community structures
- Retain employees through increased satisfaction
- Motivate improved performance and creativity
- Reduce resistance to change
- Improve customer satisfaction
THIS WORKSHOP WILL TEACH YOU HOW YOUR BRAIN WORKS SO THAT YOU CAN HELP YOURSELF, YOUR EMPLOYEES AND YOUR CUSTOMERS DEAL WITH THEIR GREATEST CHALLENGES.
Learning about and practicing the five cornerstones of emotional intelligence:
- Becoming emotionally "self-alert'
- Activating choice based on awareness
- Building confidence and capacity
- Understanding and working well with others
- Increasing skills of negotiation, collaboration and influence
The workshop is highly interactive, giving participants a chance to practice the new skills and to discuss how to integrate the skills after class is over. Techniques used include self-awareness exercises and assessments, exercises in time-and-energy management, and case-studies and games to increase awareness, intuition, influence and successful interpersonal interactions.
Dr. Marcia Reynolds has been successfully teaching people internationally in corporations and government agencies how to powerfully use Emotional Intelligence (EI) for over fifteen years. She would be happy to provide you with a list of clients you can talk to about their experiences with this class.
MARCIA WILL WORK WITH YOU TO MAKE THIS PROGRAM “JUST WHAT YOU NEED” FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION. IT CAN BE CUSTOMIZED FOR MANAGERS, PROJECT LEADERS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES.