The old-fashioned view of leadership is that leaders are marked out for leadership from early on in their lives, and that if you're not a born leader, there is little that you can do to become one. We believe that through self-awareness, experiential learning, sharing of best practices, and inspired coaching, all of us can become exceptional leaders.
Through an innovative approach, combining a real life flying experience and leadership practices, The High Flyers Leadership Program provides participants with strategies to handle the challenges that are associated with moving into increasingly complex leadership roles.
Through a highly energizing environment, participants will gain a better sense of their own approaches to leadership and will acquire new ideas to optimize and sustain their leadership competencies and potential.
Through a fine combination of a 360° feedback, lectures, case studies, small group interactions and most of all real life flying lessons, the program helps participants strengthen their individual capabilities by rethinking their approaches to management, leadership, and leadership development.
Key competencies/skills addressed
- The landscape of management, allowing emergence
- Decision making in complex environments
- Trust and Trust building in times of uncertainty
- Intuition outperforms logic
- To lead change, create a sense of urgency
- Deal with uncertainty
- Brain games to improve memory and attention: the neuroscience of leadership
Key learning outcomes
Based on the latest management theories and practices, the program focuses on thinking innovatively, acting successfully, and leading with lasting impact.
The participants will leave the program with:
- Fresh, updated perspectives to become inspiring leaders.
- Practical leadership approaches.
- Shared insights, compared experiences and best practices.
- Tangible action plans for taking charge and lead throughout their organizations.
- A plan of action that specifically addresses the personal business and professional challenges, allowing them to return to the workplace stimulated, reenergized, and ready to lead.
For the organization:
Going far beyond the basic transmission of skills and theories, this program provides an accelerated learning opportunity with strategies that can be implemented immediately and successfully within the organization.
As a result, the organization benefits from:
- Highly motivated executives with skills that encourage staff involvement and help create a positive work environment.
- Executives with fresh and innovative leadership strategies.
- Executives with a clear plan of action to develop towards exceptional leadership.
Virtual pre-course 360° Feedback + 2 full days
Full duration of program is 15 weeks
360° Feedback (online)
360° Feedback is a method and a tool that provides each employee the opportunity to receive anonymous feedback from his or her supervisor and four to eight peers, reporting staff members, co-workers and customers and compare it with the self perception of the use and modelling of desired leadership behaviours. The feedback is compiled in a report and provides insight about the skills and behaviours desired in the organization to accomplish the mission, vision, and goals and live the values. Implemented with care to enable people to better discover and use their competencies and balance the development areas, the 360° feedback is a positive addition to the performance management system.