Coaching for Performance is a leadership course that teaches coaching as a communication and leadership skill. The course is based on coaching theory that focuses on the GROW coaching model and uses role-plays with real cases that are specific and relevant to business reality. As an outcome of this course, participants will have the ability to use coaching as a tool in communication with employees, team members, colleagues, and customers to find solutions for themselves instead of giving them the answers. The result is a new, empowered way of working that gives ownership of goals and tasks. The measurable results are higher productivity and long-term efficiency.
Key competencies and skills addressed and learned in this program
- Definition / Distinctions of Coaching: in this part of the workshop we cover key coaching distinctions to create a high standard of professional coaching within the organization.
- The Impact of Personality types in Coaching Process: Coaching can only be effective when all parties involved understand their own personality type and the types of those with whom they interact.
- Coaching Model: GROW coaching model and GROW coaching skills and competencies will enable participants to build on Foundational Coaching skills. Taken all together, at a masterful level, they become a way of "being" a Coach versus just "doing" the techniques of coaching.
- Core Coaching skills: in this part of the workshop we cover the key coaching skills to integrate them as a new leadership and communicational style. This includes Coaching Styles, Listening, Asking Questions, Relating, Trust Building, Challenging and Using Intuition.
- Coaching playground: in this part of the workshop we apply learning in to practice. Coaching is beast learned by doing. This includes Individual real-life cases, Sand Pit coaching, Stop and Go Coaching and One to One Coaching.
Key learning outcomes
As a result of participating on this course you will be able to:
- create a vibrant working environment.
- inspire people to begin to find their own answers to every day work challenges.
- create more time and space for yourself for the strategic part of your job.
- create an open environment where people feel welcome to share ideas and suggestions.
- experience working more effectively with your peers ad customers.
- appreciate and see people more and support them to become more resourceful and productive.
- have a relaxed way to handle conflict resolution and deal with difficult team members.
- have skills to facilitating your team in brainstorming and project development sessions.
- empower people to start to integrate a coaching approach into their behavior and communication style.
- foster a solution based company culture.
As a key learning outcome particpants will become the kind of coach-leader who makes a real difference in the lives of people around them.
Additional information specific to this program
An effective group size for this program is 8 to maximum 10 participants. A training room suitable for 10 people (including trainer) and sufficient extra space for role plays and exercises. Minimum 2 flipcharts, paper, projector and monitor to show video role plays. Informal break out space for up to 3 groups.